Plumstead Township is located in Ocean County, New Jersey. Plumstead is one of the largest towns located within Ocean County, almost 40 square miles. Incorporated within the Township, is also New Egypt. Also located within its bounds is part of the Colliers Mills Wildlife Management Area. This is a 12,900 acre wildlife management area located within portions of both Plumstead and Jackson Townships operated by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's Division of Fish and Wildlife. There are approximately 8,500 residents in the Township. Of that population, 64% were married.
Getting Divorced in Plumstead
If you are getting divorced or contemplating getting divorced and you live in Plumstead, here are some things you should know. Preparing for Divorce before it actually happens, can reduce some of the stress and conflict often felt during the early stages of the divorce process. Below is a checklist of things to consider while preparing for divorce:
1. Gather all of you important paperwork - A divorce can produce copious amounts of paperwork. The sooner you gather it, the better. You should gather bank statements, tax returns, credit card statements, loans, stock accounts and copies of paychecks to begin.
2. Keep a Budget – Start tracking your spending and your income. Doing this will help you and yor attorney determine the appropriate amounts of support needed.
3. Don't make major changes – When you are preparing to divide your life from your spouse, making major life changes is not advisable. For example, do not make major purchases that will encumber yourself with debt. Don't look for a new job at this time or look to move out of the area immediately.
4. Seek Legal Advise – It is advisable that you seek the professional advice of an attorney in your area. By seeking legal advice, you can ascertain reasonable expectations in terms of alimony, child support and equitable distribution whether you are the payor or the payee.
5. Consider Insurance Coverage – If you are presently covered by your spouse's insurance and this would be a good time to make sure that you are up to date on all of your and your children's annual exams.
6. Remain Calm – Although divorce can be stressful and emotional, it is important to remain calm and not to “rock the boat”. The calmer and more amicable you can remain with your spouse during this period, the quicker and cheaper your divorce proceedings will be.
Divorce Attorney in Plumstead
In the event you reside in Plumstead and you are going to file for divorce, the attorneys at Villani & DeLuca, P.C. are available to answer all of your legal questions. All four of the matrimonial attorneys at the firm offer free consultations wherein you will be able to ask any questions you have concerning the divorce process and what you can expect to experience during this difficult time. Senior partner, Vincent C. DeLuca has been representing clients of Plumstead for over twenty-three years and would be happy to assist you in this process.