What is a Certified Matrimonial Attorney?
Many attorneys are competent in a variety of practice areas but are not proficient in any specific area. This is due to the fact that the field of law is very broad, and it would be nearly impossible to know everything there is to know about every aspect of the law. A certified attorney is an attorney who has demonstrated a high level of experience, education, and skill in a particular field of law, such as Matrimonial Law, Criminal Law, Civil Law, or Workers' Compensation Law.
In order to be eligible to apply for certification in a designated area of practice, an attorney must meet the following requirements:
- The attorney must be a member in good standing at the bar of the State of New Jersey for at least five years;
- The attorney must have extensive and substantial experience as an attorney in the designated practice area;
- The attorney must provide peer references who can attest to the attorney's competence and reputation;
- The attorney must participate in continuing education for three years immediately preceding the application;
- The attorney must report any malpractice action brought or disciplinary action filed during the pendency of the application; and
- The attorney must complete a written examination on the designated area of practice.
Benefits of a Certified Attorney
Attorney certification encourages a level of professionalism in the practice of law. Certification is important for a number of reasons. It tells you, the client, that the attorney has a positive reputation not only among other lawyers but judges as well. An attorney that pursues certification shows a serious interest in a particular field, and actively engages in ongoing education (also known as continuing legal education or CLE). A certified attorney is more familiar with evolving issues in the designated field, and the potential impact of any changes in the law. Finally, a certified attorney will be more adept at handling complex matters in the designated field of law.
Vincent DeLuca of Villani & DeLuca is a Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney
Attorney Vincent R. DeLuca, Esq. has been practicing law for over twenty years, and is qualified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney. If you are facing a divorce and reside in Ocean County, concerned about custody or child support, or are considering a premarital agreement, contact our offices today at (732) 965-3404 for a free consultation. It is never easy choosing an attorney, but when an attorney has been certified, you can rest assured that you are meeting with an expert in the field. The practice of law has become increasingly intricate, and attorneys are now specializing so that they can remain current on important issues, and face complicated cases with an arsenal of knowledge. Call our offices for more information and to set up your appointment.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment